COMPANY CLASSES 2018 COMING SOON!
COMPANY CLASSES 2017
- 3rd July- 9.30am-10.30am- (HeatherWalrondCompany)- The House Stage, Plymouth
- 4th July- 9.30am-10.30am- (Vou Dance Company)- The House Stage, Plymouth
- 5th July- 9.30am-10.30am- (Vou Dance Company)- The House Stage, Plymouth
- 6th July- 9.30am-10.30am- (HeatherWalrondCompany)- The House Stage, Plymouth
- 7th July- 9.30am-10.30am- (HeatherWalrondCompany)- The House Stage, Plymouth
6th July- £5 performance- 6.30pm, The House, Plymouth University- Fiji Connections. Performance of ‘The Rising’ and Vou Dance Company.
Tickets and more information: http://bit.ly/2uqKmkV
HeatherWalrondCompany offers the opportunity for professional dancers and students to join class when the company is resident in Devon.
Classes are usually Monday – Friday, 9.30-10.30 and are held in various studio’s around Devon.
COMPANY CLASSES 2016
- 19th July- 9.30am-10.30am- (Vou Dance Company)- The House Studio, Plymouth University
- 20th July- 9.30am- 11am- Taiko Drumming with Hannah- Jasmine (limited numbers), 11.30am- 1pm- Improvisation with Adam Benjamin (Candoco)- The House Stage, Plymouth University.
- 21st July- 9.30am- 10.30am- (HeatherWalrondCompany) – The House studio
- 22nd July- 9.30am-10.30am- (HeatherWalrondCompany) – The House stage
22nd July- 6.30pm- FIJI CONNECTIONS- FREE public performance- Vou Dance Company– https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fiji-connections-free-international-performance-tickets-26156937103
- 26th July- 9.30am-10.30am- (HeatherWalrondCompany) – The House stage
- 27th July- 9.30am-10.30am- (HeatherWalrondCompany) – The House stage
- 28th July- 9.30am-10.30am- (HeatherWalrondCompany) – The House stage
I fell in love with the companies work ethic and relationships with one another, to have that in the future would be great for me, just to have a company with that sort of relationship with dance and each other .
I really enjoyed the R&D because I really felt I learnt so much on a professional level, just being in the space and observing and taking part in exercises, especially with touch and improvisation with Akeim, one of the dancers of the company. I felt the delivery was very clear and it really challenged me at times which was great. I also received feedback on how to get better at a specific routine and how to put that in my body.
Nathan Matthews, Dance Graduate
If you would like to attend class please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
£5 per class
Throughout the year ‘HeatherWalrondCompany’ deliver workshops across the country to conservators, universities, companies and school students as well as youth and community groups of all ages and abilities – providing a unique insight into the company and to share ideas and cultural experiences through dance.
Led by current dancers, participants have the opportunity to:
-Learn about different cultures and learn cultural movement
-Develop their contemporary dance technique
-Learn material from HeatherWalrondCompany’s current repertoire
-Enhance their own choreographic skills
-Share their work for peer feedback and discussion
We offer workshops in any or all of the below techniques/ styles:
Contemporary technique, Contact work, Release technique Voice work, Repertoire from the current touring show, yoga, Fijian Meke traditional dance and Maori traditional dance form including Kapa Haka.
Pricing is stated below. Please contact us for more information.
1.5 Hour workshop/ class- £65
3 hour workshop- £120
Full day workshop (up to 5 hours)- £180
Weekend Intensive (5 hours per day)- £400
5 day choreographic intensive- £870
6 weeks training package- 1 day per week/ 2 hours- £400
For further information please visit the CONTACT US page.