SAVE THE DATE!
We are excited to announce THE RISING AUTUMN INTERNATIONAL Tour Dates 2018.
Catch us at the following venues THIS AUTUMN!
2019 International Tour dates coming soon!
The Bay Theatre
Adults £12, Concessions £10
Sunndal Kulturhus, In2it Dance Festival
kr 200 / kr 100
Sunndal Kulturhus, In2it Dance Festival
kr 200/ kr 100
Bath Spa Live, Bath Spa University
Adults £12, Concessions £10, BSU students £6
The House, Plymouth University
Adults £10, Concession £7, UoP students free via SPiA, 18’s and under free via YAP
Adults £12, Concessions £10.
AUDITION CALL OUT
HeatherWalrondCompany (UK) is seeking male and female professional dancers for it’s touring production ‘THE RISING’, and a new creation in 2019.
THE RISING is a contemporary dance and music production that explores what makes people feel alive through themes of community, surrender, relationship and hope. The work is strongly influenced by Fijian dance and culture with live music from multi- award winning musicians, Will McNicol & Luke Selby.
Over the last three years THE RISING has toured in the UK and Africa and has received standing ovations from sold out audiences.
HeatherWalrondCompany is looking for dancers who are passionate about people and want to make a positive difference, with a strong interest to connect with different cultures and communities through dance and music.
Selected candidates must demonstrate commitment and interest for the work of HeatherWalrondCompany.
We are looking for dancers with these qualities:
- Completed (or be due to graduate in 2018) full time professional dance training.
- Demonstrate an awareness of community, relationship and hope in their lives.
- Strong interests in international travel and cross- cultural opportunities.
- Able to swiftly learn and retain material to a high standard.
- Excellent musicality, strength and stamina.
- Exceptional contemporary dance technique, floor work and contact skills.
- Positive attitude, desire to develop and a strong work ethic.
When: 26thand 27thJuly 2018, 10am- 4pm.
Deadline for Applications: 13th July 2018, midnight UK time.
How to Apply: Please email a statement of interest, CV, headshot and video footage with ‘Audition & NAME’ as the subject header to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection: Successful applicants will be notified by email on 20thJuly 2018.
- Audition is by INVITATION ONLY.
- Date: 26thand 27thJuly- A two-day workshop audition.
- Location: Plymouth, UK
- Selected candidates will be invited to an informal interview towards the end of the second day.
Work Contract: Applicants need to be available for all of the following dates:
10th– 14thSeptember 2018- Rehearsal- UK
25th-30thSeptember – NORWAY
Spring/ Summer 2019:
Cathedral tour (TBC)- UK
25thJune- 2ndJuly 2019- SERBIA
New Creation x 4 weeks (Funding dependent)- UK
Please note: HWC are unable to sponsor work visas and you must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Rate of pay:
£480 weekly fee*/ £120 performance day* plus all travel and accommodation expenses included.
*Fees are subject to increase after March 2019 in line with ITC/ Equity Minimum.
Please note we cannot cover costs to attend the audition.
For further information and to stay connected through social media, please visit:
We are thrilled to announce the Artistic Director Heather Walrond is 1 of 2 winners of the Marie Mccluskey Dance Makers Fund 2017-2018 at Swindon Dance.
See here for more information: http://www.swindondance.org.uk/artist-professional-development/marie-mccluskey-dancemakers-fund/
THE RISING Spring Tour
We are incredibly excited to announce that Heather Walrond has been successful with her grants for the arts funding application to Arts Council England for the development and UK tour of ‘The Rising’.
This will allow us to:
– Develop a full length show for Heather Walrond Company with a dramaturge, costume and lighting designer.
– Tour the UK Autumn/ Spring 2016 to at least 7 secured tour dates,
– Develop ‘The Rising’ drone trailer as a film.
– Allow 12 Fijian dancers from VOU to travel to Plymouth next month for a residency and to share their Europe tour work.
Details of Residencies, company class, tour dates COMING SOON
From the 18th- 22nd July 12 Fijian’s from VOU visited Plymouth to take part in an International Residency with Heather Walrond Company.
There was a FREE public performance full of culture, LIVE music, traditional and contemporary dance on Friday 22nd July at The House, Plymouth University at 6.30pm.
Resolution 2016, Robin Howard Theatre, 13th January
Heather is working on a new piece of work ‘Kairos’ with Spindrift Dance Company.
The 2 week R&D for ‘The Rising’ started this month!
We are delighted to announce that we have successfully received funding from Arts Council England for the research and development stage of a new piece of work ‘The Rising’.